Product Developer APPLY NOW
About the job
Glad to meet you. We are Taste of Nature Foods Inc. (TONFI), working hard to bring healthy snacks to the masses. Proudly Canadian, our company has blossomed over the last 30 years developing healthy snacks for our primary brand, Taste of Nature, sold in over forty countries around the globe, as well as our significant private label and contract manufacturing businesses. We are rapidly growing across all segments – this is an exciting time for our company!
We’re looking to expand our team by welcoming a new Product Developer to the R&D team, reporting to the Research & Development Manager. This is a critical role for the future of our company as we continue to grow, we need help keeping up with demand!
· Ideate, innovate, replicate and produce exceptional new products!
· Lead the commercialization of chosen innovations, from ideation through the shelf life of the product, including bench top, first production and ongoing optimization
· Stay on top of food trends, new ingredients and manufacturing processes to keep the company updated on what’s possible and what consumers want
· Conduct varied and routine tests in laboratory and production, following recognized procedures.
· Evaluate and record results (i.e. product attributes, formulations, processing parameters, weights etc.), and maintain these results in an organized database
· Develop customer R&D samples and manage tracking and shipping to customers
· Support plant trials and product start-ups in collaboration with R&D team, quality team and production staff
· Maintain information database on ingredients, formulation and nutritional specifications - including Genesis R&D software
· Maintain accurate and complete records of alternative ingredients suppliers and current product documentations
· Provide support for all areas of research and development including the nutrition facts table, specifications, and claims, which adhere to Canadian, US and international regulatory requirements
· Assist in ensuring packaging is compliant, including internal proof-reading and assisting in the management external regulatory resources
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in Research and Development roles in a food manufacturing environment; snack bars, bakery or confectionary experience is preferred
· University Degree in Food Science or Nutrition-related discipline
· Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), Genesis Software and X3 (sage)
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with quality and efficiency
· Strong communication skills, written and verbal
· Ability to work with cross-departmental team members
· More than a general interest in healthy eating and living that includes a love of the outdoors
This is the right company for you if small companies thrill you, because you know your work makes an impact. You’re a self-starter with independence and plenty of energy. You have an innovative spirit. You love being part of a team and seeing it achieve greater heights because of your input and guidance. You strive on reaching goals, through execution, organization and time management. You are passionate about the food we eat and you desperately want to play a role in the next wave of products that will make our snacking better.
All Taste of Nature Foods employees must abide by and follow the company’s Food Safety / H&S policies and procedures to produce safe, legal, and quality products.