Maintenance Electrician APPLY NOW
About the job
Glad to meet you. We are Taste of Nature Foods Inc. (TONFI), working hard to bring healthy snacks to the masses. Proudly Canadian, our company has blossomed over the last 30 years developing healthy snacks for our primary brand, Taste of Nature, sold in over forty countries around the globe, as well as our significant private label and contract manufacturing businesses. We are rapidly growing across all segments – this is an exciting time for our company!
We are looking to enhance our team by welcoming a Maintenance Electrician.
The Maintenance Electrician position is a full-time salaried position that is essential to our operations. This role performs electrical, electronic and mechanical maintenance repair and troubleshooting on the manufacturing equipment and facilities through the use of drawings, schematics and interpretation and knowledge of applicable codes and safety regulations. This position requires commitment to keep up to date with industry developments and have a methodical approach to work.
· Install, inspect and test electrical panels, wiring systems and components for all types of building equipment and machinery
· Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
· Identify, troubleshoot and repair problems in industrial electrical wiring and equipment PLCs
· Install, calibrate and maintain systems that measure production efficiency
· Perform mechanical troubleshooting and repair tasks as necessary
· Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls
· Conduct preventive maintenance programs (Electrical and Mechanical) and keep maintenance records
· May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
· Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment
· Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
· Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
· Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- 442A Industrial Electrician or 309A Construction and Maintenance Electrician
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Industrial Electrician in Ontario
- Mechanical skills and aptitude with direct experience in mechanical repairs and maintenance
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing/packaging experience
- Good math skills, ability to take measurements and work with numbers
- Able to work in small spaces and lift heavy equipment (25kg)
- Good hand-eye coordination and motion control
- Good practical skills to use a range of hand and power tools
- Ability to work unsupervised and/or as part of a team
- Good communications skills
- Thorough understanding of electrical safety rules and regulations
- GMP and HACCP training
- Flexibility to work additional hours, afternoon shift and weekends as required
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
All Taste of Nature Foods employees must abide by and follow the company’s Food Safety / H&S policies and procedures to produce safe, legal, and quality products.
|||Markham, ON (On-site)|||||||||Mc5icbqwhhDhN0.4|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||