Production Supervisor - Flexible Shift/ Floating
About the job
Glad to meet you. We are Taste of Nature Foods Inc. (TONFI), working hard to bring healthy snacks to the masses. Proudly Canadian, our company has blossomed over the last 30 years developing healthy snacks for our primary brand, Taste of Nature, sold in over thirty countries around the globe, as well as our significant private label and contract manufacturing businesses. We are rapidly growing across all segments – this is an exciting time for our company!
We are looking to enhance our team by welcoming a Production Supervisor – Flexible Shift / Floating (between AM and PM).
Production supervisor is responsible for manufacturing products by supervising staff, organizing and monitoring workflow. This position requires strong managerial and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; managing personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- Maintains staff by assisting with recruitment, selection, orientation, and training of staff; developing personal growth opportunities
- Prepares production and other reports
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries as required
- Maintains quality assurance by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Reviews manufacturing processes for efficiency, noting areas for improvement related to all areas of the facility including machinery, equipment etc.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests
- Analysis the staff hours to insure labour optimization
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Using established techniques thoroughly investigates and documents all adverse incidents report on the shift, including but not limited to QA, H&S and Production. Ensures in-depth Root Cause analysis is completed on every incident
- Engage in Operation Projects as assigned, never accepting the status quo, always looking for opportunities for improvement and efficiency
- Conducts annual performance reviews and probationary reviews with hourly staff
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action
- Validates payroll using Ezlabor hand punch system for shift/crew, permanent and temporary staff
- Manages vacation requests for shift/crew, permanent and temporary staff
- Manages temporary staffing
- Responsible for hourly staff scheduling
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications / Skills:
- College diploma preferred
- 2-4years manufacturing experience (Food Industry preferred) in a supervisory role
- Computer skills – Microsoft office (Inventory software preferred)
- Good Communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines
- Strategic planning and production planning
- Knowledge in Health and Safety practices.
- GMP and HACCP training
- Manages manufacturing staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Provides coaching and mentoring to Lead Hand staff, ensuring their success and development in the role
- Trains staff in fundamentals of production as well as cross trains the staff in all facets of production
- Trains staff in safety procedures.
All Taste of Nature Foods employees must abide by and follow the company’s Food Safety / H&S policies and procedures to produce safe, legal, and quality products.