Purchasing and Inventory Specialist
Purchasing and Inventory Specialist APPLY NOW
About the job
Glad to meet you. We are Taste of Nature Foods Inc. (TONFI), working hard to bring healthy snacks to the masses. Proudly Canadian, our company has blossomed over the last 30 years developing healthy snacks for our primary brand, Taste of Nature, sold in over forty countries around the globe, as well as our significant private label and contract manufacturing businesses. We are rapidly growing across all segments – this is an exciting time for our company!
We are looking to enhance our team by welcoming a Purchasing and Inventory Specialist, you will be reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and will assist in performing day-to-day purchasing and inventory control related activities at Taste of Nature. This position will work very closely with Planning and Purchasing personnel and acts as their back-up when required.
· Analyze Material Requirement Planning tool on weekly basis.
· Create and send Purchase Orders to suppliers as per the weekly buy-plan.
· Follow up with suppliers regularly on open POs and expedite/delay POs when required.
· Analyze, set, and monitor stock coverage policies of all ingredients and packaging materials.
· Track price changes for all raw and packaging materials.
· Assist procurement and QA in measuring and monitoring key aspects of supplier performance, such as on-time, complete, undamaged, and so on.
· Coordinate production floor material requirements with the supply chain planner.
· Coordinate with warehouse on receipt of ingredients and packaging materials.
· Obtain quotes, organize, and coordinate inbound freight.
· Review freight invoices and provide supporting documents for payment to Finance.
· Assist Supply Chain Planner and Procurement in day-to-day operations and act as their back-up when required.
· Ownership of complete ERP master data (Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, BOM and so on).
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business Studies or Supply Chain Management is required.
· Experience in a food manufacturing environment is an asset.
· Knowledge of procurement, logistics, including carriers, shipping policies and procedures.
· Understanding of inventory management, including auditing, forecasting, and planning
· Good computer skills and familiarity with the use of ERP.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and warehouse management systems.
· Good judgment and decision-making ability
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
· Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
· Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Team player who works productively with wide range of people
· Comfortable in fast-paced environment
· Effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills
All Taste of Nature Foods employees must abide by and follow the company’s Food Safety / H&S policies and procedures to produce safe, legal, and quality products.