Customer Service and Logistics Coordinator
About the job
Glad to meet you. We are Taste of Nature Foods Inc. (TONFI), working hard to bring healthy snacks to the masses. Proudly Canadian, our company has blossomed over the last 30 years developing healthy snacks for our primary brand, Taste of Nature, sold in over forty countries around the globe, as well as our significant private label and contract manufacturing businesses. We are rapidly growing across all segments – this is an exciting time for our company!
We are looking for a highly motivated Customer Service and Logistics Coordinator. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service & Logistics Co-Ordinator is responsible for end-to-end order fulfillment process. You are to work in a supportive role to the current customer service team in all aspects of the business. In this capacity, you will be accountable for liaising with customers, warehouse, procurement, production, scheduling quality assurance and suppliers for all order/transportation related activities. You will be responsible for arranging deliveries of finished goods and third-party transfers with carriers, ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining incident logs as they occur. In addition, you may be asked, from time to time, to coordinate and lead special projects and initiatives which support Taste of Nature Foods Inc.in its pursuit of its overall business strategy and performance objectives.
· Oversees the full order management cycle (entry to shipping) ensuring all Taste of Nature processes and policies are being followed.
· Manages international orders: Processes and coordinates all shipments of customer orders internationally including customs, import, shipment, certification documentation.
· Receives processes and verifies the accuracy of international orders from customers utilizing the organization’s internal ERP systems (Sage X3) and customer purchase orders.
· Works closely with International Sales Director to ensure all customer expectations and requirements are understood/met.
· Coordinate all inbound and outbound shipments with suppliers and carriers.
· Complete all outbound paperwork for domestic, US, and international shipments.
· Prepares additional export documentation (Manufacturer’s Declaration, Ecocert, Trade Cert etc.)
· Ensures all shipments are invoiced and posted when shipments leave the warehouse on a daily basis.
· Month End – Ensures a clean cut off at month end in regards to invoiced shipments and any returns – no open issues.
· Work cross functionally with the business to ensure accurate and efficient administration of purchase orders using Sage X3.
· Cross functional communication with QA team on product readiness and release for shipment.
· Manage and investigate shipping errors, noncompliance fines, late orders, etc.
· Use Sage X3 to maintain customer master files and ensure data integrity.
· Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service, productivity, and profitability.
· CHEP pallet management
· Manage EDI provider – First point of contact.
Qualifications / Skills:
· Education: Post Secondary Education preferred; however, a strong combination of experience and education is considered.
· Previous Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years customer service or logistics experience, with a consumer-packaged goods company. Mathematical skills required.
· The ability to think strategically and proactively are crucial, as well as being able to excel in a fast paced, high-pressured environment.
· Superior problem-solving skills – must be resourceful and creative with solutions
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with impeccable organizational and time management skills
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to work with several internal and external customers.
· Team player and the ability to work independently with a high interest in ensuring excellent customer service levels.
· Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office, Excel. Ability to learn ERP systems e.g. Sage (an asset)
· International shipping experience (an asset)
All Taste of Nature Foods employees must abide by and follow the company’s Food Safety / H&S policies and procedures to produce safe, legal, and quality products.